In order to protect your family and home from burglars you should have some security cameras installed in the house and outside as well. The outside cameras must be hidden if you want to monitor what is happening outside your property without letting others know that you have a camera installed. Let’s have a look at some tips that will help you hide the outdoor cameras.
Choose the right location
Depending on what you want to monitor, choose a location that allows the camera a clear visual field. That could be the front or back door, or the backyard. Usually, cameras are placed at points of entry and exit. Make sure that there are no obstacles blocking its view and that the camera is pointing toward the area you want to monitor.
Disguise your camera
Once you have decided where to install the camera, it’s now the time to choose a disguise. Because the security cameras have become cheaper, smaller and wireless you have lots of options to hide them.
- A less suspicious option would be to hide the camera into a wooden bird house.
- A mail box could also be converted into a suitable hiding place. Actually, most people think that this a very good place to hide your outdoor security camera.
- You can also choose a sculpture or a sign which you can hang on one of the house’s walls.
- On the market there are a lot of things especially created for hiding outdoor cameras,such as fakerocks or hollow garden gnomes. You can place them wherever you want, on the pathway or in the garden, thanks to the wireless system.
- Choose a potted plant to hide your security camera. It will do double duty by looking pretty and providing constant surveillance. Just make sure that the plant won’t block the camera’s view in one way or another.
- You also have the option to hide the security camera in the tree or the bushes in your garden. You must carefully do this in order to avoid your camera’s view being blocked. You have to make sure that your camera is fixed very good because otherwise it may fall at the first breeze.
- Landscape lights are a very good choice for hiding an outdoor security camera. Just install a small security camera in a landscape lighting casing and point it at any angle where you need a good view.
- Other great outdoor places where you can hide a security camera can be: large wind chimes, electric patio light fixtures or hanging patio lanterns.